AMRITSAR – DHARAMSHALA – MANALI – KEYLONG – SARCHU – TSOKAR – TSO MORIRI – LEH – KHARDUNLGA – PANGONG LAKE – LEH
BIKING ON THE HIGHEST MOTORABLE PASSES OF THE WORLD (Tour 3)
Duration: 09 Nights & 10 Days
Synopsis: Amritsar – Dharamshala – Manali – Rohtang Pass – Keylong – Jispa – Baralacha pass – Sarchu – Pang – Morre Plains – Tsokar – Tsomoriri – Leh – Khardungla pass – Leh – Changla pass – Pangong lake – Ladakh (drop)
Favorable season: June to September
Highlights: Bikers from across the world visit northern India with a dream to add a star to their helmet for being recognized as a biker who was riding his machine at 18,380 feet (5,602 mtr) Khardung-la (Khardung pass) and many other high passes in Himachal and Ladakh region of India.
Biking on the daunting Manali-Leh route is considered one of the most adventurous biking tours of the world which passes through many highest passes of the world. Not only biking on this route is thrilling, adventurous and full of suspense, but it is also a delight with bikers remaining surrounded by beautiful landscapes throughout the tour.
The Amritsar-Dharmshala-Manali-Leh tour is one of the fastest popularising bike tour routes of India. What makes this most adventurous tour of the world cheering and unforgettable experience is the guidance of our experts who are in the business for over a decade.
This trip includes riding through six mountain passes, crossing many rivers and nullahs, riding close to the glaciers, negotiating hundreds of hairpin bends, visiting high altitude lake and gompas, meeting locals and nomads and experiencing Himalayan flora and fauna.
|WEAR||All the riding gears including helmet, quality woollens, wind cheaters, waterproof shoes, sunglasses, sun protection cream, lip balm, cap to wear under the helmet (or when you are not wearing helmet), warm socks, gloves etc.|
|HEALTH||Riders suffering from breathing or heart-related problems should consult their doctor before visiting Ladakh. Otherwise, if you let your body acclimatize properly, Ladakh is safe for all. Avoid smoking/drinking during the adventure.|
|WHAT YOU SEE||
|YOU DONT SEE||
Check our some more bike tours
Day 1 – Amritsar to Dharamshala (190 km)
After arrival in Amritsar, meet and greet with your tour support jeep staff including guide and mechanic and also with your riding machines. After becoming familiar with the bikes, start your day-1 tour to Dharamshala via Pathankot. Upon arrival check-in to hotel. Later you can visit Dalai Lama’s palace in McLeod Ganj just above Dharamshala. You would be accompanied by a local Hindi and English speaking guide.
Day 2 – Dharamshala to Manali (260 km)
Today after breakfast, leave for Manali via Palampur, Baijnath, Jogindernagar, Pandoh and Kullu.
Day 3 – Manali to Keylong/Jispa (135 km)
Today you will start off from Manali and move towards Rohtang pass (13,052 ft) after crossing some villages like Bahang, Kulang, Palchan and Kothi by riding along the riverside (river Beas). Then come Gramphu, Koksar, Tandi and Keylong. Check-in to your hotel/camp in Jispa (or Keylong) for night stay.
Day 4 – Keylong/Jispa to Sarchu (85 km)
Today you will ride towards Baralacha-la (16,050 ft) after crossing Darcha, Zingzing bar and beautiful mountains covered with snow and centuries old glaciers. Then descend down the Baralacha pass and you’ll reach beautiful Sarchu, the preferred camping site on way to Ladakh. Overnight in camps.
Day 5 – Sarchu to Tsokar (140km)
Today you will cross Lachulung la (16,598 ft) after seeing the unique landscapes of rugged mountains and mud which make this place photographers’ heaven. Finally move towards Tsokar lake for night stay.
Day 6 – Tsokar to Tso Moriri (85km)
Today keep following the dust road towards Puga Valley, Samdo and Tso Moriri. Tso Moriri lake is near Karzok village where you’ll spend the night in tents.
Day 7 – Tso Moriri to Leh (225km)
Today after breakfast leave for Leh via Mahe Bridge. Now you can have a clear view of Indus River. If time permits, you can visit famous monasteries like Hemis, Shey, Thiksey and Stok Palace. Overnight stay in hotel in Leh.
Day 8 – Leh to Khardungla and back to Leh (80km)
Today after breakfast, we shall start our memorable tour to Khardung-la, the highest motorable road in the world at 18,380 ft. The views from the top of the pass are amazing and feels like being on the top of the world. After your riding feat to the highest motorable road, return back to the hotel in Leh. Afternoon at leisure to explore the local market. Overnight at hotel.
Day 9 – Leh to Pangong Lake (160km)
Today after breakfast, check out from the Hotel & ride to Pangong Lake, east to the Leh after crossing Changla Pass (17,500 ft) and riding via Durbuk and Tangtse villages in the Changthang region of Ladakh and perhaps one of the most amazing lakes in Asia which changes its color 4 – 5 times a day. At evening enjoy the breathtaking view of Pangong Lake. Overnight at the Camp at Pangong Lake.
Day 10 – Pangong Lake to Leh
Today after breakfast, come back to Leh after following the same road. Hand your bikes over to the support team and take flight to Delhi. Tour concludes here.
Included in Package
Royal Enfields according to above itinerary
Hotel/Camp accommodation for 9 nights
Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinner
Support vehicle for spare parts, luggage, first-aid, extra fuel
First-aid kit, oxygen cylinders, mineral water, bike’s major spare parts
An expert mechanic-cum-guide
All expenses of support jeep driver and guide
Inner Line Permit/ Protected Area Permit
No hidden charges
Not Included in Package
Beverages and meal other than the meal plan
Laundry, tip, shopping expenses
All that is not included in the “Included in package” column
Please note: Biker would be liable to pay for the expenses for damages to bike (if any). Rider will arrange for his own riding gear.
— Get special cost on request —
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TOURISTS VISITING LADAKH
Ladakh is a very safe, tourist-friendly and cheering place, but still, you need to take care of some preparations which can make your tour even better and memorable:
– Only post-paid mobile phones work in Leh-Ladakh, preferably BSNL, Airtel and Jio. As phones may not work in many places, keep your family members informed well in advance not to worry if they fail to contact you.
– You would hardly find any cellular network in most of the areas in Leh. BSNL works better here, however, you would find Airtel and Jio signals also at some places (Leh, Hunder and Diskit).
– Don’t expect high-speed internet in Ladakh.
– Keep ready a pair of woollen (not heavy) with you as temperature may dip as low as 5 degrees any time even during summer months.
– Carry good Sun Screen lotion, sunglasses (goggles), cap with you to avoid sunburn as sun rays are direct and can burn your skin.
– Don’t forget to carry photo id with you. Driving License, Passport, Voter Cards, and Aadhaar are valid photo IDs.
– While travelling on the mountains, keep drinking water and eating healthy food and fruits to avoid high altitude sickness and dizziness due to curvy roads, low air pressure and dry air.
– Carry headache, stomachache, anti-vomiting tablets with you.
– You may consume diamox at least 7-8 hours before arrival at Leh (preferably before falling asleep) and may also take before boarding plane to Leh. The medicine is optional. Having rest and drinking enough water for some hours after reaching Leh is advised.
– Leh has some ATM machines where you can withdraw cash. These machines witness long queues of customers during peak season and run out of cash many times. Non-connectivity is another issue. So carrying enough cash is advisable.
– Please respect the Buddhist and Muslim culture of Ladakh. People of all communities here believe in brotherhood and harmony and respects the tourists. The residents expect the same from the tourists.